"Interfaith Forum of Muslim & Christian Women's Association" Women of Faith Working Together as Mothers of a Culture of Peace.
WHAT WE DO
- Bring Muslim and Christian women, members of faith groups, together regularly to grow in understanding and friendship and to discuss diverse themes related to conflict, peace and women's common concerns..
- Provide Conflict Transformation training to the leaders of women's faith groups through workshops and resource materials. The training includes guidelines on how to 'step-down' the training received to the members of their faith groups.
- Provide training and experience of Interfaith Peace building and Spirituality to the leaders of women's faith groups through workshops and resource materials so that they in turn can transmit this training to the members of their faith groups.
- Sensitize key stakeholders of women's faith groups, including male religious, traditional and political leaders, about the need for interreligious dialogue and for women's participation in the same..
- Reach out to market women, youth groups, farmers and other grassroots groups to sensitize them about the need for us to collaborate with one another as people of faith..
- Encourage the youth and other members of our faith communities to be ambassadors of faith and of dialogue particularly through our testimony and commitment to our own faith community and to the Interfaith Council.